Eastcoast Housing aims to provide equality of access to affordable housing for middle and low income earners. The housing must be suitable for the applicant’s needs, offer security of tenure and promote tenant participation and control.

We also provide a choice of community services in residency, property and asset management which is available to all and to support special accommodation groups within the Eastcoast region of Victoria.

Renter management delivers the ‘people’ side of the property and service delivery partnership under program guidelines and the terms of the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA).

Renter management covers allocation to housing, negotiation and monitoring of residency/occupancy agreements/house rules, management of disputes and complaints, collection of rent and support to resolve issues that arise and/or issues that led to the homelessness or that may place that person at risk of (further) periods of homelessness.

Support is an individualized case managed response to the range of issues that have caused a person or family to become homelessness and/or prevents them from establishing or maintaining a long term home. It is a broad and diverse response typically covering income and health matters and specific barriers to housing such as tenancy disputes, debt, and discrimination.

One of our primary aims is to ensure people are able to sustain their housing once they become renters of ours. We recognise that individuals with social problems cannot address those problems if they haven’t got secure housing first. Eastcoast Housing is not funded to provide intensive personal support however has good connections with social support agencies within the community and is able to refer people as required for targeted support and counselling.

Not all renters will need support.

How to apply for housing with us?

Online application

You can apply for social housing online using the Victorian Housing Register Application through the myGov website:

  • Go to the myGov website and sign in to your myGov account. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to create a myGov account
  • Pick HousingVic online services in myGov’s Services section – this will link it to your myGov account
  • Open HousingVic online services and select Victorian Housing Register application

Once you have filled out the online application and attached any documents needed, a copy of the completed application will be sent to your email address.

Paper application

If you do not want to apply online, download and print the

If there are other adults or dependants who will live with you and you need more space, use the:

If there are health-related reasons why you need to live in a particular place or type of property, get your health professional to complete the special accommodation requirements form (.pdf). An accessible version of the special accommodation requirements form (.docx) is also available.

Send the forms and the documents to:

Victorian Housing Register
Department of Health and Human Services – HCC
Reply Paid 933
Moe VIC 3825

Through a support agency

If you are homeless and receiving support, or you need housing urgently, you may be eligible for Priority Access. You will need a support worker to fill in an application form for you.

If you do not have a support worker, find out how to get one on the Crisis and emergency contacts page.

Freecall Eastcoast Housing